Dear Families,
I hope you are all well and happy. Today begins the first day of our exercise log, whose purpose is to track our individual IMPROVEMENT over the next several weeks. I have a baseline:
Push ups - 15
Planks - 5 min
Air Squats - 49
My goal is to increase my repetitions every week by 10% + 1 rounded up. So for me, I will complete 15 push ups each day, for example, and then next week I will do 17 each day.
(15 X 0.1) + 1 = 2.5.
2.5 rounded up = 3
15 + 3 = 18 push ups
You see how this builds rapidly. The schedule is as follows.
W1: 15 - baseline
W2: 18
W3: 24
W4: 27
W5: 31
Etc.
This slow improvement, a sort of progressive calisthenics, is what helps protect you from injury and develops real strength.
This may seem slow for some, but remember that these are done in PERFECT FORM. This means that we will have to go more slowly, and with more focus. We will gain strength in our whole body, including our joints, tendons, micro-musculature, and we will gain better control of our breathing.
I will measure my improvement, provided I reach my set goal (and it is OKAY if it changes), by looking at the number of reps at the end of the year against my start.
31/15 = 206% improvement! (roughly and for our purposes).
Mr. Eberlein, Mrs. Lopez, and I will be partaking and giving you updates on our own progress.
Best,
Benjamin Corcoran
No comments:
Post a Comment